30 Day Free Trial and $16.99 per month for Total Protection
Instant Coupon: 30 Day Free Trial
Editor’s Note: Identity Guard® is offering a free 30-day trial to Noidentitytheft.com visitors. Click any Identity Guard link to take advantage of discounted pricing. *Expires 6/30/2016.
Identity Guard Coverage Highlights:
- 30 days free, then plans starting at $8.99 per month.
- Comprehensive plans offering varying levels of credit bureau monitoring.
- Essentials is ideal for basic protection minus credit monitoring and reporting.
- KiD Sure plan provides recovery assistance in the event of an attack to your child. Monitoring includes public records and financial accounts.
Identity Guard was created more than twenty years ago to offer all customers the trusted protection that was once available only to major financial institutions. As a leading provider of consumer and corporate identity risk management services‚ Identity Guard offers a variety of premier identity theft‚ privacy, and consumer solutions.
- Monitoring Alerts
- Anti-Keylogging Software and Anti-Virus Software
- Quarterly or Monthly Credit Scores & Reports
- Lost Wallet Protection Receive up to $2,000 in emergency cash
- $1 Million Identity Theft Reimbursement Insurance
- Mobile App
Identity Guard offers three different memberships that include Identity Guard Essentials, Identity Guard Total Protection and Identity Guard Platinum. The monthly fee for all the above packages ranges from as little as $8.99 to $22.99. In addition to the competitive prices, all packages currently come with a 30-day free trial period that allows consumers to test the service and determine what best suits their needs.
Identity Guard not only offers protection for the computers of their members, but also for anyone who downloads their software, SafeConnex. SafeConnex is a free protection software that ensures credit card numbers, sensitive computer passwords etc. are protected in a secure environment.
Unlike other competing companies that do little or nothing to protect their clients’ computers from outside attacks, Identity Guard goes the extra mile by offering a free product that not only protects its users, but also anyone who downloads SafeConnex.
Perhaps the main and only downer of SafeConnex is that it’s only compatible with Windows devices. Apple users cannot benefit from it.
Identity Guard not only provides protection products for its clientele, but it also provides its services to firms that are willing to invest in white-label protection for their customers. This allows the reselling companies to pass attractive discounts to their clients.
Companies that invest in Identity Guard’s white-label products always benefit from discounted prices. A few of the firms that use white-label identity products by Identity Guard for their customers at the moment include Bank of America along with many others.
A consumer survey conducted recently cites Identity Guard as one of the top performing identity theft protection firms in the industry.
To ensure provision of top quality services, Identity Guard works in partnership with The University of Texas to research and identify trends in identity theft and fraud as well as collect information/data. This research is specifically geared towards enhancement of national, business and individual identity security.
- No Credit Freezes
- No Medical ID Monitoring
- No Family Plan
The refund policy of Identity Guards states that clients who are annual subscribers receive pro-rated refunds. It, however, doesn’t mention the annual pricing or discounts anywhere else in its extensive materials. Consequently, this has led to confusion of many potential clients.
While Identity Guard has made innumerable efforts to fully disclose their policies, some customers still report confusion regarding use of their products and what they buy.
Those who subscribe to either the Identity Guard Platinum or Identity Guard Total Protection packages receive three bureau credit monitoring. On the other hand, the Identity Guard Essentials package does not come with credit monitoring.
UPDATED 5/29/16- Identity Guard has just added two new plans to the mix that will be available to our readers only and will NOT be available through Identity Guard’s website. There’s the Couples Plan (Which covers two adults) for $26.99 and the Family Plan – (Which covers two adults + up to 15 children) for only $1 more for a total of $27.99. The adults receive the Total Protection plan for both plans and children receive – Child identity monitoring (kID Sure® program).
This new Family Plan is cost effective for families since the kID Sure® program normally costs $9.99 per child. If you have multiple children, then this is definitely the way to go to protect everyone’s identity.
Identity Guard offers its clients a variety of packages whose features and pricing differ. These packages are quite unique and competitive compared to those provided by competitors. The services offered by the company are excellent and guaranteed to help subscribers in the event that their identity has been stolen.
The benefits outweigh the negatives by a large margin. The sign-up process is extremely easy – from using the easy to navigate website – to speaking with their extremely professional customer support staff. You can easily view your credit score, public records, and retrieve more valuable information directly from the dashboard.
Identity Guard is our top recommended provider of identity theft protection due to its overall monitoring and perks they provide to its members.
Regardless of whether you sign up for the Platinum, Total Protection or Essentials Package, Identity Guard allows all of its subscribers to utilize standard identity protection features. Moreover, each package comes with a month-long free trial period. Identity Guard has 3 plans to choose from:
Identity Guard Essentials / $8.99 Per Month
First 30 days free and $8.99 per month if you sign up using this coupon link.
- Suspicious Activity Alerts: In the event that your information is used either by you or someone else, you will receive an alert to verify whether it’s in fact you using it.
- Internet Monitoring: The company monitors chat rooms and newsgroups to see if your credit card number, bank account or Social Security Number is used fraudulently.
- Identity Monitoring: It monitors your name along with your Social Security Number to identify any fraudulent loans and new applications for credit.
- Recovery Assistance: Every Identity Guard member has access to ITAC Victim Assistance which provides expert advice and support in case you become a victim of identity theft.
- Online Resources & Tools: The company offers educational material along with calculators that members can use in case the need arises.
- $1 Million Identity Insurance: In case you become a victim of identity theft, you can be provided with loss coverage of up to $1 million.
- Lost Wallet Protection: If you lose your wallet through theft or otherwise, Identity Guard can cancel your credit card accounts and provide you with up to $2,000 emergency cash from an account of your choice.
Total Protection / $16.99 Per Month
First 30 days free and $16.99 per month if you sign up using this coupon link.
In addition to all the services outlined above, the Total Protection package has the following unique features:
- Anti-Virus Software: It’s a PC software protection software package that allows users to install an anti-virus, anti-spyware and firewall software on their computers.
- Credit Analyzer: The tool uses information from the credit bureau to predict your credit and future finances. With this tool, one can make informed decisions when opening or closing accounts, making payments, creating additional credit inquiries and more.
- Mobile App: Identity Guard’s downloadable mobile application allows users to monitor alerts and credit scores wherever and whenever they want.
- Address Monitoring: Gives you an instant alert if your mail receives a request to be sent to a new address.
- 3 Bureau Credit Monitoring: This feature alerts you if any major changes are made to your credit report by any of the credit bureaus including TransUnion, Experian, and Equifax. This feature is also inclusive of new loans and applications.
- Public Records Monitoring: The company monitors all public records and alerts you if any changes are made to criminal or civil court records, registrations, names or aliases, licenses and bankruptcy files etc.
- Keystroke Encryption Software: Identity Guards offers a software called PrivacyProtect that encrypts keystrokes making them unintelligible to identity thieves. This ensures that your information is kept safe when on wireless networks.
- Password Protection Software: The ID Vault encrypts and stores all of your important log in information securely.
- Quarterly Credit Reports: This feature allows subscribers of the Total Protection package to view credit reports from TransUnion, Experian and Equifax every 3 months.
- Quarterly Credit Scores: One can access their updated credit score every quarter.
Platinum Plan / $22.99 Per Month
First 30 days free and $22.99 per month if you sign up using this coupon link.
- Includes: everything from the Total Protection plan but instead of quarterly credit report and credit score updates, you get them monthly!
Couple Plan / $26.99 Per Month
$26.99 per month if you sign up using this coupon link.
- Includes: everything from the Total Protection plan but for only $10 more a month you add a second person to the policy.
Family Plan / $27.99 Per Month
$27.99 per month if you sign up using this coupon link.
- Includes: everything from the Total Protection plan for two adults.
- For $1 more, protects up to 15 children (proof of guardianship required to access child’s information) monitored as part of the kID Sure child monitoring service.
The homepage of Identity Guard shows an overview of the plan you’ve subscribed to. The interface is easy to read and shows you everything you need to know about your identity protection. If you want complete protection with Identity Guard, you will want to activate all the available options shown on your screen.
Credit Scores & Reports
Unlike other identity theft protection companies, Identity Guard goes the extra mile and allows you to view all of your credit scores from the three credit bureaus. The Credit Information section allows you to view your credit scores and credit reports. The Analyzer tool helps you understand the causes and effects of your credit score. It also describes certain elements regarding your credit report.
Public Report Summary
Identity Guard summarizes the number of times your personal information is found on the Internet. It also identifies the specific information that’s found and where on the Internet it’s showing up. The Monitored Data section shows exactly what personal information is currently being monitored, and you can also add several bank accounts as well as credit cards.
Computer Software Tools
The computer protection services section has software you can download to help protect your computer. Protecting your computer is another measure you can take to protect your identity and Identity Guard offers these options exclusively to its members. ZoneAlarm protects your PC from viruses, malware, and spyware. PrivacyProtect is an anti-logging software that keeps identity thieves from stealing your password. Lastly, ID Vault secures login access to accounts.
Identity Guard sends you messages on a need-to-know basis when crucial information or changes come up regarding your identity. A helpful tool that helps you filter the types of messages you want to read and go through is also available.
“We shall be excess over any other insurance, including, without limitation, homeowner’s or renter’s insurance. If you have other insurance that applies to a loss under this policy, the other insurance shall pay first. This policy applies to the amount of loss that is in excess of the Limit of Insurance of your other insurance. In no event shall we pay more than our Limits of Insurance as shown above.”
In simpler terms: Identity Guard is claiming that they are a secondary insurance to any other insurance that may apply to the member’s policy. If there is any money that the primary insurance company can’t cover, then the rollover amount will be picked up by Identity Guard.
Identity Guard leverages a service called CashEdge provided by Fiserv, which is used for account aggregation. In the event that your identity is stolen, Identity Guard will send you ITAC Sentinel for recovery and assistance rather than work with them directly.
Limits of Insurance
- Elderly, Spousal and Child Care: $2,000 per policy period
- Travel Expenses: $1,000 per policy period
- Lost Wages: $2,000 per week for up to 5 weeks every policy period
- Legal costs are a part of the insurance limit.
You are obligated to submit documented proof of legal guardianship when signing your children up for KidSure. In addition, Identity Guard’s KidSure program is limited to a maximum of 15 children. If you apply for Minor Monitoring, you agree that:
- Every child you sign up with Minor Monitoring must reside at your recorded address legally
- Provide documents that assert the validity of the name you provide
- You are required to be the parent or legal guardian or any child you sign up for Minor Monitoring
You are required to provide a copy of:
- Your child’s birth certificate
- Your Social Security card
- Your driver’s license
- Any document that can be used to verify that you are the legal guardian of each child you are signing up for KidSure.
Cancelation and Refund Policies
Many customers have repeatedly reported that Identity Guard’s policies are transparent. We strongly encourage current and potential customers to take advantage of this transparency and read all the terms and disclosures before doing business with Identity Guard or any other company for that matter.
The refund policy is one of the areas where Identity Guard explains its company practices explicitly.
Cancelations During a Free Trial
- New customers will be allowed a period of 30 days to try Identity Guard products during which they won’t be charged a monthly subscription fee.
- All cancelations should be reported to one of Identity Guard’s customer service reps via phone at 1-800-452-2541.
Current Customers with Monthly Subscriptions
- Those who have paid for Identity Guard packages on a monthly basis can cancel their memberships at any time they wish to.
- Like free membership cancelations, one can only process their cancelations by calling a customer service representative at Identity Guard ((1-800-452-2541).
- Identity Guard does not offer prorated or partial month refunds for the remaining period of a monthly membership.
- In the event that a member of Identity Guard cancels their monthly subscription, they will continue to have access to their services for the remaining part of the month.
Current Customers with Annual Subscriptions
- As with all the other products above, cancelation for an annual subscription must be done via a phone call to an Identity Guard customer care representative.
- Identity Guard asserts that those who subscribe annually are liable for a refund for their unused service time. This means that even if the remaining amount is less than $1, then that’s what a the customer will receive.
- After cancelation, members will still continue to have access to their services, account, and its features but only for thirty (30) days.
- Those who subscribe to Identity Guard’s service packages via telephone are charged $1.00 as verification fee which is non-refundable.
Refund Policy of Non-Subscription Services and Products
- Identity Guard offers their customers some services including updated single or triple-bureau credit report.
- Since these products cannot be returned once electronically delivered, they are not refundable as well.
|Social Security Number Monitoring||c||c||c|
|Online “Black Market” Monitoring||c||c||c|
|ID verification Alerts||c||c||c|
|Account Takeover Alerts||c||c||c|
|Identity Theft Victim Assistance||c||c||c|
|Lost Wallet Protection||c||c||c|
|$1 Million Identity Theft Insurance||c||c||c|
|ID Vault Password Protection||c||c||c|
|Address Change Monitoring||c||c||c|
|3-Bureau Credit Monitoring||c||c||c|
|Credit Report Updates||c||c||c|
|Credit Score Updates||c||c Quarterly||c Monthly|
|3-Bureau Credit Analzyer||c||c||c|
|Account Access via Mobile App||c||c||c|
|Public Record Monitoring||c||c||c|
|PC Keyboard Encryption Software||c||c||c|
|PC Antivirus Software||c||c||c
Identity Guard Q and A
The credit scores reported by Identity Guard are as accurate as it can possibly get. Identity Guard monitors and derives its credit scores from all 3 credit bureaus. They don’t create their own credit profiles for credit worthiness. They use the expertise of Transunion, Equifax, and Experian to report the results for their customer base.
Identity Guard helps protect children from identity theft with their Identity Guard® kID Sure℠ program. It is the most comprehensive identity protection available for children under the age of 18. To enroll them, the parent simply adds them to their existing Identity Guard service plan.
Identity Guard protects by using the most up-to-date technology that monitors the personal and financial information of its customers. Identity Guard provides software to its customers to help secure private information so it stays out of the hands of identity thieves. Prompt alerts are sent by either text, phone, email, or mobile app if there happens to be any suspicious activity.
Identity Guard works by using state-of-the-art technology that monitors personal and financial information that assists customers by alerting them of identity theft. If there is a suspicious transaction that seems fraudulent, Identity Guard will send a fraud alert to the customer by text, phone, or email. If the customer confirms that a transaction is fraudulent, the Identity Guard team will be on the case to make sure no damage can be inflicted.
Both LifeLock and Identity Guard offer the same services except for a few differences. They both offer 3 different tiered plans, but LifeLock is the more expensive service of the two for the premium plan they offer. LifeLock offers a service guarantee and Identity Guard offers an insurance plan. Identity Guard is the favorable choice due to their insurance plan. With LifeLock’s service guarantee, you must prove that LifeLock’s system failed to notify you or they failed to stop the intrusion for you to receive reimbursement under their service guarantee. Identity Guard’s insurance plan will cover the customer as long as the intrusion happens while being a member, no matter what.
Identity Guard has been protecting millions of customers for 20 years and is considered a pioneer in the identity theft protection realm. They offer the most comprehensive protection amongst its competitors. It boasts an A++ rating with the BBB. Services rendered by Identity Guard are above and beyond good since they are considered an industry leader.
Identity Guard Total Protection provides multiple services that most competitors do not include in their plans. Identity Guard provides anti-virus, anti-sypware, and anti-keylogging software to keep their information protected and away from identity thieves. Identity Guard not only monitors all 3 credit bureaus when monitoring customers but also gives credit scores from all 3 bureaus as well. Many of Identity Guard’s competitors don’t offer such comprehensive service.
Identity Guard offers three different plans depending on the level of coverage a customer wants. The “Essentials” plan is cost effective at $9.99 per month. The “Total Protection” plan is a comprehensive plan for a price of $19.99 per month. The “Platinum” plan is the same as the “Total Protection” plan but also includes a monthly 3 credit score and 3 credit report as well for $24.99 per month.
Identity Guard updates credit scores according to the plan that has been enrolled by the customer. Two out of the three plans Identity Guard provides allows for credit scores to be displayed. The “Total Protection” plan includes quarterly credit scores from all three credit bureaus. The “Platinum” plan includes monthly credit scores from all three credit bureaus.
Using Identity Guard to monitor your identity is a precautionary method to keep your precious credit profile kept safe. The value of their service is to alert you more quickly if unauthorized credit applications are made so you can stop any intrusion before significant damage is caused. If there happens to be a breach while being a member, Identity Guard offers up to $1 million in identity theft insurance to cover losses due to identity theft.
Identity Guard monitors credit scores with all three major credit reporting agencies every day and alerts their customers if there are certain changes to their credit profile. When signing up for Identity Guard’s Total Protection or Platinum plans, all customers receive updates of their credit scores and reports from all three major credit bureaus.
Identity Guard uses cutting-edge technology that keeps an eye on your personal and financial information to help you stay alert and aware. Their job is to help protect you against identity theft and handle the situation for you if a breach happens to occur. They are considered to be one of the elite identity theft protection companies in the world.
Both companies are the best in the industry and both provide exceptional service. If you compare LIfelock’s Advantage plan against Identity Guard’s Total protection (both cost $19.99 a month), they both provide comparable services. What sets them apart, is that Identity Guard provides quarterly credit scores and reports where Lifelock only provides them once a year. The better value is choosing Identity Guard.
Identity Guard is a dedicated identity and credit protection company that was created by Intersections Inc. in 1996. They help protect financial information, public records, personal data, PC, and more. They provide outstanding protection services to over 38 million clients. Identity Guard is a pioneer in the industry and one of the most respected companies for identity theft protection.
The corporate headquarters for Identity Guard is located in Chantilly, VA. They can be contacted by telephone Toll-free: 1-800-452-2541. You can write to them here:
P.O. Box 222455
Chantilly, VA 20153-2455
Identity Guard is a dedicated identity and credit protection company that was created by Intersections Inc. in 1996. They help protect financial information, public records, personal data, PC, and more. They have provided outstanding protection services to nearly 40 million clients. Identity Guard is a pioneer in the industry and one of the most respected companies for identity theft protection.
Identity Guard is owned by Intersections Inc. NASDAQ: (INTX) since 1996. Intersections has been providing elite identity theft protection services to major financial institutions along with helping protect identities of more than 38 million people. Intersections Inc. is partnered with the ITAC (Identity Theft Assistance Center) to provide innovative solutions to help benefit the financial community and families alike.
Identity Guard helps keep you safe from criminal activity and the negative consequences that may follow. If you’re looking for basic protection with access to credit scores all the way to complete comprehensive protection, then they’re the identity theft protection service you are looking for. If you ever become a victim of identity theft, their recovery experts will be there for you by giving the assistance you need to get your life back on track.
Identity Guard Photos