Starting at $8.99/month ID protection
Instant Coupon: 30-Day Free Trial + 10% off *Free Trial Disclosure
LifeLock Coverage Highlights:
- A plan for every budget, from $8.99 to $26.99/month.
- All plans protect you with a $1 million service guarantee. ‡
- Get text and email alerts† about suspicious activity and fraud.
- Parents can add LifeLock Junior® membership for $5.99/month to protect a child.
- LifeLock Junior® includes LifeLock Identity Alert® System† and ID restoration support.
LifeLock Customer Service
- A- BBB Rating (click to verify)
- Award-winning customer service 365 days a year
- Based in the U.S.
- Receive suspicious activity alerts via text, email or phone
Started in 2005, LifeLock is one of the first companies to fight identity theft in the United States. Over the years, LifeLock has met the demand for identity protection services to a tech community. As of today, the company has more than 700 employees all of whom are located in different parts of the US and who are dedicated to helping LifeLock clients at any time of the day. In 2010, LifeLock was awarded the International Stevie Award to celebrate its work with the FBI where it was helping educate officials of law enforcement on identity theft as a crime.
As one of the most popular companies in the industry, LifeLock has managed to build a long lasting record as one of the best identity theft protection providers. And despite the bells and whistles by critics, the company offers a truly interactive user interface as well as dashboard that helps their clients track and regulate activity.
Recently, LifeLock bought ID Analytics, a technology company that’s quite efficient at monitoring the financial world in order to identify those facing a risk of identity theft faster. This serves as a tool that LifeLock can use to provide its customers with identity protection value with state of the art technology that’s coveted throughout the industry.
When it comes to identity theft, LifeLock excels in several areas including:
- Criminal records
- Investment and retirement accounts
There are 5 protection points covered by LifeLock that cover all bases when it comes to protecting their customers’ identity and these include:
- Service Guarantee: The Total Service Guarantee from LifeLock comes with $1million that will be used by the company on consultants, investigators, and lawyers in the event that any of their client’s identity is stolen. And while this isn’t insurance, it’s only meant for professional fees. The service can be activated if you report your incidence of identity theft to LifeLock within a period of 90 days.
- ID Theft Alerts: If your identity is at risk, LifeLock will send you instant alerts via email, phone or SMS depending on your preference. In addition to alerting of potential risk, the company also helps clients fix any identity theft related issues.
- Real Time Information Scanning: A propriety method helps the company scan for any suspicious activity relating to your identity. This is achieved by searching the dark web to ensure that your personal information isn’t being sold on the internet.
- Personal ID monitoring: The company works in partnership with three top credit bureaus in the country on clients’ behalf to ensure that their clients’ names are removed for pre-approved credit mailing lists.
- Personal ID Geo-Tracking: All members credit scores are continually tracked to ensure they get the most out of any changes made and they can check their credit information at any time of the day.
As a leading innovator in the identity theft protection industry, LifeLock is always introducing new features and services that go a long way in helping their clients beat identity theft. Some of the services and features introduced by LifeLock recently include Investment Account Activity Alerts, Checking and Savings Account Activity Alerts, Credit Card, and Data Breach Notifications just to name a few. All of the above features have enabled LifeLock to take identity protection to a whole new level thus giving the company a competitive edge since its members feel secure.
In addition to protecting personal information and identities, the above features and services also protect children against identity theft. A partnership with the National Organization for Victim Assistance and FBI Law Enforcement as well as an extensive network of service providers and lenders have allowed LifeLock direct access to fraud resolution teams.
LifeLock Privacy Monitor, a tool unveiled recently by LifeLock, allows members to suppress or remove any personally identifiable information including known relatives, age, address and name from advertising platforms as well as common people search websites more efficiently. During beta testing, the company discovered that while 2% of consumers already had personally identifiable information on the internet, 86% of the user didn’t want this information available online to be viewed or even sold by other firms, particularly advertising companies. Using LifeLock Privacy Monitor, LifeLock members can remove their information online thus achieving better privacy as well as security.
LifeLock has struggled with legal runs and this may make potential clients somewhat apprehensive. But despite this drawback, it’s important to note that it only served to make LifeLock the reputable and responsive company that it grown to become. By making a few mistakes, the company was able to learn valuable lessons and ensure that they fulfilled all legal obligations to satisfy the needs of their clients.
There’s a lot that LifeLock offers to the consumer and especially one whose top concern is identity protection. The company has equipped itself with multiple tools that ensure its customers’ identities are protected and the service guarantee tops it all. With frequent alerts and excellent credit score monitoring, financial activity monitoring as well as personal information monitoring, it’s safe to say that identity theft protection can’t get any better. Of all the packages, the LifeLock Ultimate Plus seems to offer most benefits but then again, your pockets may force you to choose another package. That’s not to say that your identity still won’t be protected. While it’s a relatively new company, LifeLock has certainly made a name for itself in the identity theft industry and with new services or features being introduced regularly; the company will offer protection to consumers for a long time.
- LifeLock Standard – $8.99/month
This is the most basic package offered to members of LifeLock. It goes for only $8.99 per month and offers clients the following.
- Lost/Stolen Wallet Remediation Services: If your wallet is misplaced or stolen and you report it to LifeLock, the company cancels all of them and helps you replace them as soon as possible. Doing so ensures that any attempt to use your cards fraudulently doesn’t succeed. While the LifeLock Wallet Protection feature doesn’t cover cash equivalents or pictures, it covers a ton of other contents including Social Security cards, travelers’ checks, credit and debit cards, checkbooks, insurance cards and driver’s licenses.
- LifeLock Identity Alert System: Applications across multiple networks are monitored continually by LifeLock to help identify any attempts by third parties to use your personal information. The tool covers monitors applications used for payday loans, wireless services, credit cards, retail credit, auto loans, mortgages and more. If any risk to your identity is detected, LifeLock sends you an instant alert via phone, SMS or email.
- Internet Monitoring for Illegal Trading of your Personal Information: It automatically notifies customers in the event that someone tries to buy, sell or trade their personal information on the black market websites in different parts of the globe. The tool monitors more than 10,000 such websites to ensure optimal identity theft protection.
- Verification of Address Changes: One of the most popular of stealing one’s identity used by impostors is redirection of personal information to fraudulent new addresses. This allows them to gain access to financial information and if a change of address is made in your name, LifeLock will notify you instantly.
- Unlimited access to LifeLock’s Support Team: The company has an award winning support team that’s available throughout the day and night to address members’ concerns or questions regarding identity risk, membership or identity theft in general. Just call LifeLock at 1-800-LifeLock (543-3562) and you won’t have to wait long before you are connected to a real live person.
- $1 Million Total Service Guarantee: In case any member LifeLock falls victim to an incidence of identity theft, the Total Service Guarantee from LifeLock will spend up to $1 million to hire the right team of professionals who will restore their identity.
- Reduced Preapproved Credit Card Offers: LifeLock makes a request to its clients to remove any personal information from any pre-approved credit card mailing lists. This serves to help reduce the risk of identity theft through one of the most popular tactics of stealing personal information.
- Privacy Monitor Service: Using this feature, LifeLock scans multiple websites online for signs of your personal information. Members of LifeLock will get instant alerts if use of their personal information online is detected. Depending on one’s preferences, they can either opt out of or suppress that information from being used again.
- LifeLock Advantage – $17.99/month
This package comes with all the features and services available with LifeLock Standard packages, and some more high quality ones. The package only costs members $17.99 per month and additional features include:
- Court Records Scanning: LifeLock scans your court records on a monthly basis looking for any matches to your date of birth or name. This helps prevent any false charges from being made against you and thus protecting you from arrest for other people’s fraudulent actions.
- Fictitious Identity Monitoring: The feature scans for addresses, names and any personal information that relates to your social security number in credit and public record sources including credit grantors, state agencies, and collection agencies. LifeLock’s Fictitious Identity Monitoring also allows members to find anyone who might be building fictitious identities with the aim of fraudulently opening accounts.
- Data Breach Notification: In case a data breach occurs at a store, office or company, LifeLock alerts you immediately so that you can protect your identity against any potential threats by taking immediate action.
- Online Annual Credit Report and Score: LifeLock works in partnership with major credit reporting bureaus and members can always log into their accounts to access their annual credit scores and reports. Having this kind of access to your credit reports allows you to study your credit history thus a better understanding of your credit worthiness.
- Credit Card, Checking and Savings Accounts Activity Alerts: Connecting your accounts and credit cards to LifeLock allows the company to continually monitor them for any signs of fraudulent activity.
- LifeLock Ultimate Plus – $26.99/month
This package comes with all of the features offered by the Standard and Advantage packages plus more. It goes for $26.99 and while it may seem more expensive compared to similar packages by other identity theft protection firms, the package from LifeLock comes with more benefits than any offered by the competing companies. Innovative features of this package include:
- Investment Account Activity Alerts: If any withdrawals or cash transfers are made in your investment accounts, LifeLock will alert you immediately via email, phone or SMS.
- Checking, Savings and Bank Accounts Takeover Alerts: Financial fraud accounts for about 51% of identity theft and with such high statistics; it’s no surprise that LifeLock would do everything possible to protect their members’ checking, savings and bank accounts from fraud. This tool also searches for personal information to ensure that it’s not used for opening any unauthorized accounts.
- Annual Credit Reports and Scores: Members of LifeLock can access their credit reports as well as scores online by logging into their accounts at any time of the day or night. This feature allows consumers to detect any changes or additions to their files themselves.
- Credit Inquiry Alerts: Any lender or merchant inquiries associated with your credit will be automatically sent to you by LifeLock via this feature.
- File Sharing Network Searches: This feature is relatively new and searches file sharing networks for music, photos, or data to identify any vulnerability to your birth name, date or birth, contact information, social security name and more.
- Monthly Credit Score Tracking: This features uses one of your credit scores to track any changes made every month that may be crucial. This allows LifeLock members to identify trends or patterns that are specific to their credit over a time series.
- Priority Live Member Support: As a member of LifeLock Ultimate Plus, you will be moved to the front of the line whenever you call a Member Services Agent. Priority Live Member Support is available to members 24/7 and allows members to save time.
- Sex Offender Registry Reports: This is a registry that also alerts you in case a sex offender moves into your zip code or uses your address in a bid to avoid detection.
LifeLock’s homepage is easy to navigate and allows you to access the most important information instantly. In case you update your services or membership, this change will be displayed at the top of the dashboard and you opt to read the information in detail. LifeLock encourages its members to complete their profiles 100% to ensure that they reap optimal benefits from its protection features and services. Depending on the package you decide to subscribe to, all the important information will be displayed on your dashboard once you’re logged in.
In case LifeLock suspects any fraudulent activity in regard to your identity, they will alert you immediately via phone, email or SMS depending on your chosen communication preference. The company also allows members to choose identity theft news topics they’d like to receive regularly. This keeps LifeLock members informed about identity scams.
Notifications and Reports
This section of the LifeLock member interface enables customers to personally review all of their notifications and alerts. Detailed descriptions pertaining to their existing public records, internet monitoring and accounts can be accessed quite easily. Even better is that the credit reports are broken down to ensure customers understand them easily.
Rather than call support every time one needs to make changes, the company has made it easy for members to add other members to their account or upgrade their packages with just but a click of a button. All the communication preferences, billing information and anything pertaining to your account can be viewed on your easy-to-navigate portal.
In case of any questions or inquiries, LifeLock offers their 24/7 support team that’s tasked with helping you with whatever you need.
Identity Theft Insurance Details
In case you fall victim to identity theft, this policy coverage covers the following according to the State National Insurance Company’s definition:
- Travelling expenses of up to $2500 for every incidence of identity theft
- Replacement of documents of up to $2000 for every case of identity theft
- Loss of income: A Maximum of $200 every day for a period of up to one month. This amount shouldn’t exceed beyond $6,000 for every case of identity theft.
- Fraudulent withdrawals from a brokerage or bank account and credit card: A maximum of $10,000 for every single identity theft case.
- Childcare and elderly care: A maximum of $200 per day and $6,000 per month for a maximum of one month for every identity theft case.
- Legal remediation services and case management services costs: A total of $1 million for every case of identity theft.
What’s NOT Included
Believe it or not, there are some things that whose occurrence may prevent members from being covered in the event that they are victimized. Such include fraudulent withdrawals by members of the immediate family. In addition, failure to report incidences more than 90 days after discovering them can also prevent LifeLock members from being covered.
Member’s obligations and duties
To ensure receipt of the benefits of the $1 million service guarantee or those listed in the insurance, every member should adhere to the following.
- After discovering losses, members should take all the appropriate measures to prevent funds from being stolen any more
- Report card or bank issues in accordance to the laid out terms and conditions
- Provide full cooperation and assistance to aid investigations
- Waivers for applicable fees should be requested
- Submit all the required information and documents to the insurance
- Follow reasonable process for reimbursements
Information Collected During Sign Up
It includes name, email address, phone number, social security number, date of birth, age, gender, postal address, identity verification details e.g. the name of your pet, government identifying information e.g. driver’s license number, financial information and any other information that can be provided voluntarily, communication preferences, product interests and preferences, contact information of other people you’d wish to sign up as LifeLock members as well as information provided in emails or calls.
Information Collected from Third Parties
Information collected from third parties that LifeLock works in partnership with allows the company to provide high quality identity theft protection to its clients. Such parties include data aggregators, public databases, and ID analytics. Other information collected includes number of children, marital status, consumer and market research data, purchase behavior, interests and online behavior.
LifeLock was established in 2005 by Robert Maynard and Todd Davis and is based in Arizona, US. In 2008, the company signed a deal with TransUnion that allowed LifeLock to alert its customers of any suspicious activity regarding their credit reports. Four years later, LifeLock entered into partnership with the oldest independent bank in Texas, First Victoria Bank, and bought ID Analytics which provides effective risk and fraud management solutions based on predictive analytics. In late 2012, LifeLock became a public company with an initial public offering valued at $175 million. It now trades at New York Stock Exchange under the symbol LOCK.
There are four different types of products offered by LifeLock and the most popular one is identity theft protection. The others include service for credit monitoring services, protection against bank account takeover and monitoring public records.
Non-Profit Community Involvement
Currently, LifeLock works in partnership with FBI Law Enforcement Executive Development Association. This partnership has allowed more than 11,000 law enforcement officers from all over the country to be trained on identity theft. Other non-profit organizations that LifeLock has worked with or continues to work with include CyberWatch, National Parent Teacher Association, National Organization for Victim Assistance or NOVA, and ETPRO among others.
|Featured Plans||Standard™ Membership
|Ultimate Plus™ Membership
|Lifelock Identity Alert® System†||c||c||c|
|Lost Wallet Protection||c||c||c|
|Address Change Verification||c||c||c|
|Black Market Website Surveillance||c||c||c|
|Reduced Pre-Approved Credit Card Offers||c||c||c|
|Live Member Service Support||c||c||c|
|Identity Restoration Support||c||c||c|
|$1 Million Total Service Guarantee‡||c||c||c|
|Fictitious Identity Monitoring||c||c||c|
|Court Records Scanning||c||c||c|
|Data Breach Notifications||c||c||c|
|Credit Card and Bank Account Activity Alerts†||c||c||c|
|Online Annual Credit Report and Scores||c||c||c|
|Bank Account Application Alerts†||c||c||c|
|Bank Account Takeover Alerts†||c||c||c|
|Investment Account Activity Alerts†||c||c||c|
|Credit Inquiry Alerts†||c||c||c|
|Monthly Credit Score Tracking||c||c||c|
|File Sharing Network Searches||c||c||c|
|Sex Offender Registry Reports||c||c||c|
|Priority Live Member Service Support||c||c||c|
Convenient Cloud Storage
You receive FREE cloud storage for all of your important cards — ID, credit cards, ATM, etc. – and access them right on your smart phone.
Lost Wallet Protection
LifeLock will take the necessary action to help replace lost or stolen credit or debit cards, driver’s licenses, Social Security and insurance cards.
Convenience and Protection on Your Phone
LifeLock members enjoy the added benefit of mobile access to LifeLock identity protection alerts† and other LifeLock services.
LifeLock is a dependable company that provides a reliable service that people can count on. We recommend that it’s your best to go with the Advantage or Ultimate Plus packages because you get the most bang for your buck with all the added benefits.
LifeLock’s Wallet feature lets you make digital copies of your credit, debit card, ID, and other important cards so you can access them from anywhere, right on your smartphone.
As an added layer of encrypted data protection, LifeLock stores your data on a cloud-based secured server backed by a $1 million privacy guarantee. This allows them to respond if they find suspicious activity. We really like the fact that they offer live award-winning U.S.-based member support agents that are available whenever you need them.
Cyber theft doesn’t rest, but neither does LifeLock. That gives their members extra peace of mind.
No one can prevent all identity theft. † LifeLock does not monitor all transactions at all businesses. ** Fastest alerts require member’s current email address.
‡ Service Guarantee benefits for State of Washington members are provided under a Master Insurance Policy issued by United Specialty Insurance Company. Benefits for all other members are provided under a Master Insurance Policy underwritten by State National Insurance Company. Under the Service Guarantee LifeLock will spend up to $1 million to hire experts to help your recovery. Please see the policy for terms, conditions and exclusions atLifeLock.com/legal.
- 3 Ways LifeLock Detects and Fixes Identity Problems
- Monitors over a trillion data points each day using proprietary technology†
- Have a dedicated restoration team that will work on your behalf
- $1 Million dollar service guarantee to hire specialists if identity is compromised